Friday, September 25, 2015

Week Four Journal:

It was a pretty good week in Aggieland! We spent a lot of time in the wood shop during studio this week and I feel so much more confident in my chop saw skills now! Also, I used a nail gun for the first time, that was simultaneously super frightening and fantastic! I had help, but I have just worked a lot on my wood shop skills recently and I feel way more comfortable in shop now compared to the terrified freshman that nearly passed out during the shop walk-through!

Being in a History of Design course and the History of Modern and Contemporary design I have learned that on of my absolute favorite phrases of Art & Architecture is Art Nouveau. I already knew that I liked The Arts & Crafts style and Ancient Architecture, but Art Nouveau has been growing so much on me lately (the amount of total design in some of those buildings is ridiculous!!)! Victor Horta and Hector Guimard did amazing work and I plan to study their works more in order to figure out my style. I figure that if I make a list of the Architects that adore then it will be easier for me to define my own style based off of their styles. For example, I love the Metro entrances that Guimard designed and I like to think that I have treated the line similarly in my past projects!  

No comments:

Post a Comment