Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week Ten Journal:

This week me and some other girls in Environmental Design missed class on Thursday and Friday to go to Dallas, Texas for the Texas Society of Architects convention. On Thursday I attended three lectures: Transportation in Dallas, What I Learned Designing my Own Home, and Restoring an Old Church. The one on designing your own house was my favorite because the all three architects went about it differently and admitted each of their own mistakes. After the lectures we walked around and visited the exhibits and talked to some people working in the industry. That was interesting because it is easy to forget that there are jobs in architecture aside from just an Architect. On Friday we went and looked at the Perot Museum and we explored The Water Gardens. That was such a fun experience because it was a very interactive environment and the different types of water gardens was so interesting because water is not commonly thought of as a building material and Philip Johnson used it in three very different ways. All in all it was a very fun trip and I learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment